[pct-l] backpacker overflow site at TM

Hi all,

I mostly read-n-glean from this list, but now have a question. I'm doing the
hike from Tuolumne Meadows to Happy Isles in late July with 5 other women,
spending Fri night at TM before taking off on Sat. We'll be arriving late in
the day and there are no more spaces to reserve at the regular campground.
Does the overflow area for backpackers just absorb everyone who needs it, or
is there a permit system or what? We want to spend one night before leaving
because one of our group has trouble with altitude.

Becki in CA