[pct-l] Re:Traveler's Checks

Matt,
I was wondering where you were having problems with Travelers Checks? All my
stops along the PCT  have welcomed these (Stehekin yet to be tested). Post
Offices have a rule requiring 50% purchase, but there was always a willing
retailer with a small purchase. As a retailer for 15 years I never had one
returned. Which is why I decided to carry them.
For me they work well and I don't worry about a "machine" being in working
order as some hikers have when rumors of an ATM being broken in an upcoming
resupply have.
Jus my experience, YMMV
Jeff

In the past I have carried Traveler's Checks, but I have been given a hard
time about those before on more than one occasion.