[pct-l] ATMs in trail towns

I'd recheck ATMs at Warner Springs..but I have seen ATMs
appear and dissapear in that area; they even closed the
entire Wells Fargo office in Borrego Springs a few years
ago and there is just an ATM left there..same kinda Kiosk
that was in Warner Springs. But we got cash there year or two ago..

It could have been just outside town as well don't recall
exactly, but I do know it was there as we stopped
once in those two years of hiking. We go back regularly now
in the winter to the desert as once we hiked that section
we fell in love with Borrego Springs wilderness desert.

I don't bother taking cash now becasue the store accepts
all plastic including debitcards.

Richard

At 10:23 PM 5/4/03 -0400, Ripperton Matt wrote:
>--
>Hey Phoenix,
>
>Info on ATM's out of the town guide is as follows:
>Warner Springs - NO
>Idyllwild, Big Bear City, Wrightwood - YES
>Agua Dulce - NO
>Tehachapi/Mojave - YES
>Kennedy Meadows - NO
>
>ATM's after that only at Lone Pine, Bishop (if you are even stopping at
those towns), Belden, Ashland, Cascade Locks, Snoqualmie, and Skykomish.
Sounds like the $300 for emergencies may be a good plan.  I'm counting on
that, and my credit card!  In the past I have carried Traveler's Checks, but
I have been given a hard time about those before on more than one occasion.