[pct-l] denatured alcohol container

Since I leave for California in a couple days, I've already unsubscribed.
Hopefully this will get posted as a guest entry.

With all due respect to everyone who has fancy bottles for their alcohol,
this is making me crazy.  Don't spend any money on any commercially
manufactured bottle to carry denatured alcohol or HEET.  Use a plastic
water, pop, or other kind of bottle.  At Wal-mart, you can buy an 8-ounce
bottle of kid's grape pop for 25 cents.  Drink the grape pop and use the
bottle for your fuel.  I've NEVER had a pop bottle full of HEET or denatured
alcohol melt, leak, or disintegrate.  They're perfectly safe.  I keep mine
inside a ziplock bag JUST IN CASE.

The gear manufacturers suck everyone in with their marketing.  Don't believe
everything.  Pack weight and money spent on gear is determined by FEAR.  If
you fear your fuel bottle melting, you'll spend $$$$ on a commercially made
fuel bottle, because their marketing tells you it's SAFE.  If you fear being
cold, you'll carry an extra shirt, or a tent, or an extra pair of gloves,
etc. (more weight).

I'd guess that everyone of us who has a homemade alcohol stove has an MSR,
Primus, or other brand stove in a closet somewhere.  I think I spent $90 on
my MSR dragonfly.  Haven't touched it since 1999.

Don't buy into the hype.

yogi