[pct-l] Denatured Alcohol Container

I don't think it is the "quality" of the bottle, but the type of plastic.
Thickness is also an issue for mechanical stress (dropping etc.)

The two most common are:

Milk bottles: HDPE
HIGH DENSITY POLYETHYLENE
Natural milky color.  Good impact strength. Good environmental stress
cracking. Better barrier properties than LDPE. Easy to add color to.

Water bottles: PETE
POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE POLYESTER
Rigid. Transparent. Naturally crystal clear. Fair water barrier. Good
alcohol and solvent barrier. Very good oil barrier properties.

Both types of plastic bottles should do OK with alcohol, but the PETE is
listed a "Good alcohol barrier," so I would think it would  do better.
Depending on the plastic in the cap, that might be the weak point.

Both will bread down over time with exposure to sunlight, so if you pack it
on the outside of the pack, that could cause a failure.
--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com