[pct-l] PocketMail not working on pay phone

My wife and I are driving out to California to begin our PCT thruhike.  We =
will be using our Sharp TM-20 to send messages via PocketMail service.  Las=
t night I tried sending out on a pay phone at a gas station in Tennessee.  =
A voice told me that I could not complete the call because the toll-free nu=
mber I was trying to call would not accept calls from a pay phone.

This came as a shock to me!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Will I need=
 to use my calling card on payphones, or will this, too, not work?  I'm a l=
ittle worried about this.  I was able to use our in-room hotel phone this m=
orning, fortunately.

At any rate, my wife and I hope to meet some of you at ADZPCTKO.  We still =
have 2000 miles left to drive before reaching California, but I figure that=
 if I plan to WALK further than that, I can certainly drive it.

Phoenix, PCT 2003

This mobile message sent using PocketMail.
Sign up for unlimited e-mail at www.PocketMail.com.