[pct-l] Last Week's Weather

Ref: Message: 5
From: "Christine Kudija" <cmkudija@earthlink.net>
To: "Chuck Kudija" <charles.t.kudija-jr@boeing.com>,
<pct-l@backcountry.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:48:12 -0700
Subject: [pct-l] Fw: Special Weather Statement at 'Wildwood', until
7:00pm, Thu Apr 10 2003

Christine wrote:

"Thought you'd all like this update on an upcoming spring storm system
through soCal! I'll look out my window on Saturday and see if the
weather statement's worth anything ;-) !"

Today I returned from a week spent working as spike camp cook for Pete
Fish's Region 1 Spanish Needle Creek PCT trail project, and rain? Last
Sunday and half of Monday it rained as forecast! But, surprisingly, the
accompanying snow was too light to matter much. When it cleared two days
later well enough to see the crest peaks they were already snow-free.

We lost a day and a half of trail work then, but completed the project,
saddle to saddle crossing Spanish Needle Creek, with the crew working
several days in inclement weather. The PCT trail standard now exists
north from our Joshua Tree Springs effort of two prior years. We gained
access permission and a sheltered location for our base camp from the
Connells' at their ranch bordering the wilderness. Next year we will
definitely conduct a packer supported project to fix the segment's long
midway point toward Chimney Peak Campground.
--
Campy
Central California Trail Coordinator

http://www.trailprojects.com  or
http://www.trailvolunteer.com  click on PCT

"Time spent doing trail work shall not be deducted from your life!"