[pct-l] MSR Triva Questions

>> I'm not trying to slam on anyone, but there seems to be a habit on this
list
that when someone asks a question, a lot of people read one key word
("stove"), ignore everything else, then post about their pet technology. If
someone specifically asks about white gas, and specifically says they do not
want information on alcohol stoves, this isn't really an invitation to talk
about alcohol stoves, no matter how much you love them, how light they are,
etc. <<

I don't know it seems you've gotten pretty good feedback from your initial
query. All pretty well staying on subject. Even most of Monte's response was
on target.

If we seem to be pushing our "pet technology" it's simply because we're all
that much smarter than you and don't want you going through all the pain we
did to get educated. Of course if pain is what your after then why ask the
question in the first place.

Seriously, you're welcome to look at the variety of stoves represented at
the ADZPCTKO and come to your own conclusions.

>    Fly Brian used alcohol for his triple crown trip in 2001. That should
tell  you something about the quality of these stoves. <

>> No, that tells me something about the weight of those stoves, as well as
a little bit about what kind of food he ate. Not really anything at all
about quality. <<

There are many definitions of quality. One of which is that quality is a
function of value over cost. It's not necessarily a function of how well a
particular item is made. In recent years these stoves have proven to have
high value at minimum cost. As a result they are widely accepted and used.
Just what value, if any, you place on them is strictly dependent upon what
you're looking for in a stove.

- -Fallingwater