[pct-l] MSR white gas stoves

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> --
> In a message dated 4/16/2003 9:35:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, paul@qtm.net
> writes:
>

>>Does anybody know the difference in weight between a titanuim MSR
>>bottle and a regular?
>>

> Well I know a $20 bill weights about a gram, which probably isn't much less
> than the weight savings between the two.

The weights are:
   Ti bottle: 4 3/8 oz.
   Al bottle: 4 7/8 oz.

My guess is that a Ti bottle will outlast 10 - 12 Al bottles based on
the comparative depth of dents in my bottles. I've retired a number of
Al bottles over the years due to fears they will spring leaks. I guess
I'm hard on fuel bottles. Ti is lighter as well as much stronger. The Ti
bottle looks nearly new after several years of use. Well worth the $27 I
paid for it in 2000.

ol'goat