[pct-l] wide-mouth soda bottles

In a message dated 4/13/03 9:18:08 PM, dave@livebythepark.com writes:

<< My point was serious wide mouth and 3 liters.  I don't know about the

mid-west, but I've been buying pop for years and never seen a 3 liter 'till

now.

As usual, there is an upside and downside to everything. A 3 liter pop bottle
has to take up a lot of space in a pack. But it weighs very little and costs
next to nothing
 I used 2 MSR wide mouth dromedary bags on my hike. They take up very little
space when empty and not needed and they are bomb proof. However, they are
relatively heavy and expensive.
 Platypuses are a good idea, but they are not nearly as bomb proof as the
dromedaries. I've had a couple that sprung leaks , especially the one that
got stabbed with my crampons.