[pct-l] Pacifico Mt tree down & water up date

Went for an overnighter up Pacifico Mt. from Mill Creek Ranger Station. I did
this area in February and forgot location of down tree. It was nagging me so
to punish myself I did it again. Well the tree is down about ten minutes
south of Jeep Road mile marker 415.3. It's about two and a half feet thick
were cuts across trail. The good news is the trunk end is about 20 feet long
is on the down side of trail and the short end about 15 feet is on the high
side.

Now I don't know how many of you ever stayed up at the Pacifico Camp Ground
but they have unique rainwater catch. The roof is corrugated Channel Steel
about 15 feet square. It is off steel 4x4 Post and Beam construction and the
front post are about 3 feet and the rear about 2 feet with a box gutter
collection the run of water. It has a downspout going into a 10-foot flat
fiber tank lying on its side. The tank is cut down into two lengthwise
sections bolted together. The rise is only about only about 10 inches with
rain collecting on bottom side. The narrow entrance keeps out larger animals
like humans. I was able to filter out necessary ice-cold rainwater. It looks
like maybe it could hold 50 gallons of water. Now hope and pray water is
their if your short.

Other water reports about 15 minutes from Mill Creek Ranger Station going
north a small spring is still active. The Ranger Station water is turned off.
Aliso Springs down the Road is padded locked. I find the Mill Creek Picnic
Grounds the worst kept Picnic areas I seem. The Aliso Springs Picnic Grounds
run a close second. You are not allowed to camp over night at either
location. I have yet to see anyone working at the Ranger Station but you can
hear then. They have inter-con were they talk from building to building. I
believe I heard one say "There a backpacker out there hide"

My Adventure Pass Expired and I have been trying to buy a new one. They are
cheaper at Ranger Station for ancient people. They have large signs
announcing you must have pass about every five miles on roads in the Forest.
The problem is the Ranger's Station are never open.

Lonetrail