[pct-l] thin closed cell foam, stove tape, and silnylon repair info needed

Hi all,

I'm getting very frustrated...

I've been looking for places that carry high temp flue tape so that I can
make myself a couple of stoves before I hit the trail.  You would think that
near Boston, I could find such a product, but no...  The folks at
independant hardware stores send me to Home Depot.  HD sends me to heating
and plumbing places, the heating and plumbing places send me to performance
car places, etc...  Does anyone know where I can buy this (or similarly
appropriate) stuff?  I see foil tape here and there, but it never lists a
temperature rating.  Is that adequate?

Alternatively, is anyone bringing stove making materials to the ADZPCTKOP
where I could make one there?  Or does anyone have any extras that they
would be willing to donate to a frustrated PCT thruhiker?

:-}

I'm happy to pay for materials and such but I just can't find them around
here.

Likewise with some closed cell foam.  I have a typical blue closed cell foam
sleeping pad but that's too thick for my purposes.  Does anyone know where I
can get some on the order of 1/8", 3/16", or 1/4"?  The only place I've
found around here that might have what I'm looking for sells in $500
minimums.  I'm not really looking for the bubblewrap/sunshade type stuff.
I'm planning on using a Big Agnes REM Air Core sleeping pad (no insulative
qualities) and just want a thin closed cell foam pad to add a bit of
insulation.

And finally, I noticed at the end of my OZ/NZ trip that my Nomad has a hole
in the bottom.  It's not in an area that gets any use at all (near one of
the pointy ends where I never store anything) so I wonder if something
chewed through.  Anyway, does anyone have any ideas where I can get a small
quantity of sylnylon for the repair?  Also, exactly what type of silicon is
needed to hold a patch in place and where can I get it in small quantities?
The hardware stores all have large quantities and a many different types of
silicon, so I'm not sure what I need.

Maybe there's a web site with all this information?  Pointers, anyone?  If
not, maybe I'll add it to my web site.

Thanks for your help,

Mara