[pct-l] Re: Eastern Sierra Transportation

Greyhound may no longer serve the Eastern Sierras, along Hwy. 395, but there
is a not-too-bad bus service. It does not run efvery day, but does go
several times per week and is less expensive than the Greyhound was. I think
it's called Eastern Sierra Transportation. I use it last summer and it was
great. In Bishop, I was able to get one of the bus drivers to do a
"trailhead" and he took me to the Piute Pass trailhead in his 4x4 for a
reasonable price. I found this all out from here in Canada, so just contact
the Bishop Chamber of Commerce at info@bishopvisitor.com for those who are
hiking the JMT.