[pct-l] ADZ Gear Contest

--
My new "Bug Cage" will be set up at the ADZ for all of you who do the tarp
thing to check out.

It works well with my Poncho/Tarp for protection from mosquitoes and other
insects.  Complete details and plans for making the Bug Cage are now
available on my website, at:

 <A HREF="http://royrobinson.homestead.com/Bug_Cage.html";>http://royrobinson.homestead.com/Bug_Cage.html</A>

This Bug Cage was thoroughly tested during my AT thru-hike last year and was
definitely worth its pack weight of about four ounces.  An earlier version
served me well on the JMT in '00.  The Bug Cage will be particularly useful
for you PCT hikers who are trying to go lightweight but think you must be
burdened with a tent rather than a Poncho/Tarp for sanity in mosquito
country.  "Mosquito Country" on the PCT runs from about Kennedy Meadows to
Manning Park, plus a few sections further south.

Also on my website you will find plans for my Poncho/Tarp and the popular
CatStove.  Just access the main page and click on the pointer of your choice.

Best wishes to all of you, Class of '03, for a safe and successful PCT
adventure!  I hope to meet many of you at the Kickoff Party.  -- TrailDad