[pct-l] Phone card(s) and phoneless voicemail?

--

While on the trail, my wife and I will be, to put it bluntly, homeless.  My=
 house will (with any luck) be closing in a little over two weeks, and my w=

In an ideal world, we'd love to have the following:

(1) A phonecard, rechargeable by credit card, that has flat rate long dista=
nce calling, and flat rate international calling (the latter for my wife ca=
lling her folks and friends in Australia).

(2) A voicemail service that collects messages for us, without us having to=
 actually have phone service.

We'd settle for the former, of course.  I searched the archives, but  could=
n't find anything on a subject search.  Anybody have advice on who might of=
fer what we're looking for?  I probably should have looked into this earlie=
r, but it's just one thing on a list of about a thousand things to do (a co=
mmon refrain among thru-hikers, I'm sure).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Phoenix, PCT 2003

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix

Christopher Van Loon