[pct-l] Identification at the Canadian Border

If you are a registered voter (and thus, obviously, a U.S. citizen), your
county elections clerk will provide a certified document of proof of voter
registration.  The County of Ventura (CA) issued me one in 1994 that was the
size of a business card and had a raised embossed seal.  This plus photo ID
(my drivers license) sufficed to get me back into the US from both Canada
(eastern and western) and Mexico from 1994 to just last summer (crossing
from Canada to upper New York state) -- post 9/11.

Judith Gustafson
"Two Legs"