[pct-l] Trail of Death (Was; Weapons on the trail?)

>> And, with all due respect to what Fallingwater said, I must disagree,
there
have been reports of grizzlies sighted on the PCT in the extreme north
Cascades, but no known incidents.  I don't think that you would be willing
carry anything that could stop a grizzly. <<

There have been scattered reports of Grizzlies in remote sections of the
North Cascades. I've not seen any confirmed reports of Grizzlies on the PCT.
While it maybe possible it's not very likely. The best chance of seeing a
Grizzly on the PCT is at the animal zoo just before Big Bear.

For further reading on Grizzlies in the North Cascades along with how to
deal with them, go to:

http://www.nps.gov/ccso/bears.htm
http://www.nps.gov/noca/bear.htm
http://www.nps.gov/brca/nagrizzly.htm