[pct-l] Stove Trials in the Olympics

--
 Took my newly built stand out yesterday to the Olympics along with a stove
given to me dubbed the " Mad Pica" with is a Fosters Beer Can size Alcohol
burner large enough to hold 6 tablespoons ( 3 film canisters) of fuel. I used
Heet with the blue label and of course no soot detected.
   Staircase  area of the Olympic Mts.  offers several good snowfree hiking
trails this time of year to get you in shape for the Kick-off day PCT
thru-hike!
  Awoke to a heavy frost this morning at Camp Pleasant 7 miles from Staircase
trail head. ( No hikers at all!!) Quickly saw 20 plus Elkl in the trail 40
yards away. Finally near Slide Camp only 2 miles from trailhead, I saw
Bachelor herd of three bulls on gravel bar in river. Two had dropped an
antler each while the third still had his rack of 5 by 5. This is a great
time of the year to see Elk down in the mossy river bottoms which are covered
with very large Maples and Cedars. Elk today looked like a postcard while
walking  through
 the river.
   And of course had my trusty fairly new New Balance 803's with smart wool
socks.