[pct-l] Snakes and Sleeping Bags

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
At a small AT '94 reunion this past weekend [on snowy Wyoming's Grays River, one topic
discussed included snakes in general, and rattlers in particular.  One
participant claimed to have second-hand knowledge of two cases where a rattler
would crawl into an occupied sleeping bag to get warm.  Since many, if not
most PCT and CDT hikers don't use tents in the desert portions of these trails
and I've never seen mention of anything like this occuring on this or the CDT
list, I assume that it's an old wives ... uh ... make that old hikers tale.
Anyone have any first-hand experience with snakes crawling into a bag to get
warm
Thanks, Blaze

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8.[1] Get 2 months FREE*.