[pct-l] transportation in section D

  I have been searching in vain  for some way to get there without paying a=
 fortune for a taxi.  (Does anyone know how much that would cost from, say,=
 the Burbank airport?)  None of the LA area transit seems to go up there.  =
I also thought about coming in from the east, taking the VVTA busses to Wri=
ghtwood or at least Phelan & then hitching, but from my searching it sounds=
 like the highway might not be open from that side.  Does anyone have any s=
uggestions?<br><br>The end of my hike will most likely be Walker Pass, or p=
erhaps Kennedy Meadows.  I'd welcome transportation suggestions from those =
locations also if anyone knows.  Would it be an easy hitch to Bakersfield

to get there take the greyhound from burbank to victorville then vvta to wr=
ightwood. the only place the road might be closed is after insperation pt.u=
nless there is a huge snowstorm the road to wrightwood is always open(remem=
ber, to get a bus to wrightwood you must make an advance reservation). from=
 walker pass hitch to onyx then catch the  local bus to bakersfield,and fro=
m there greyhound to wherever.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com