[pct-l] H2O

I suggest carrying 6-8 liters capacity in the from Campo to Kennedy Meadows.
  If you use 1-liter Aquafina/Pepsi/Mtn Dew type bottles, you can pick up
and discard them in town as you see fit for the next section.  They're
cheap, lightweight, and I've NEVER had one spring a leak.

The ultralighters will probably jump on this one:  I think that when it
comes to water capacity, more is better.  If you have 8 liters capacity and
only fill up 6 liters, you're only carrying like 3 ounces of unused plastic
in your pack (I think an empty aquafina bottle weighs 1.5 ounces).  On the
other hand, if you only have 4 liters capacity, and you have a 25-mile
waterless stretch, you're screwed.

yogi