[pct-l] kansas hikers at the kickoff

WOW---there are FIVE hikers from Kansas planning on attending the ADZ.
Three 2003 hikers (Belcher, Puck, and Freefall) and two former hikers (Oz
PCT'01 and me).  I used to feel like a fish outta water----as a flatlander
in the world of people who have mountains where they live.

(TECHNICALLY, Belcher and Puck live in KC, MO.  But that's just BARELY
across the state line, so I'll count them as Kansas folk.
i wouldnt do that if i were you.my best friend is a k.c. mo. native transpl=
anted to seattle. sometime to tease him we accuse him of being from kansas =
because he lived across the river for a couple of months,its fun to watch h=
im go into a lather deneying he has anything to do with kansas,if were feel=
ing especialy mean we call him "sunflower". belive me missourians take stat=
e pride seriously.:)

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com