[pct-l] Re: Jack Fair's House / White's Motel

I phoned White's Motel last weekend to get some info as I am planning a
section hike in May that will end in Mojave.  They still own the motel and
it appears they will still be there for this thru-hiking season at least -
which is good news!

By the way, Yogi, thanks for your entertaining journals and all the info
you've collected and posted - it is greatly appreciated.

Annemarie

> Message: 19
> From: "yogi hicker" <>
> To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 05:48:45 -0600
> Subject: [pct-l] Jack Fair's House / White's Motel
>

> In 2002, the White family told me they were trying to sell their motel,
due
> to the interstate/highway being constructed and routing about 4 miles out
of
> town.  They feared the new highway would take too much traffic from
Mojave.