[pct-l] Bird Spring Pass Road info?

>>From: StoneDancer1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:48:27 EST
At the Jawbone Station on Highway 14, there is a little
store/museum that sells a GREAT map --green cover entitled Off Highway
Vehicle Riding Areas and Trails...by the Friends of Jawbone.  If you would
like, I could scan the section and email it to you as a jpeg?  or you could
probably pick up one there.<<

*****

That's it!!  That's the cause for all the damage to the PCT tread in the
vicinity of Bird Spring Pass to Kelso Road! I say clean the store of all
their "Friends" of Jawbone maps and set them afire (the maps)!
Ceremoniously.

Thanks for the great tip! Can you give us specific directions to that store
from various points around the country? Also, what are their hours of
operation?

A day with neither sight nor sound of mechanized transport is a mighty fine
day indeed.

- blisterfree