[pct-l] Lightweight Digital Camera

Here's a argument for carrying a small, high quality, 35mm film camera.
During a thru-hike you have more opportunities to be in the right place (an
awesome view) at the right time (first or last light of day) for the
once-in-a-life-time shot.  When you find yourself in that situation, you will
take ten or twenty frames just to be certain that you have captured the
colors and beauty of what you are seeing, in the hopes that ONE will come out
and be able to enlarged to sit over your fireplace for the next 40 years!

I came across this situation (albeit, not on a thru-hike) and did this with
my old, little, 35mm Rolei and captured a classic, that is now enlarged to
poster size, beautifully framed on my living room wall and one which the
framer suggested I submit to the graphic-poster publishers in New York.  It
is of Banner Peak and Thousand Island Lake, of course.

Getting that GREAT picture is mostly being in the right place at the right
time with the right equipment.  On a thru-hike you have more opportunities to
have all three of those criteria, over and over and over again.

I'm not a professional photographer, but just passing on what I have heard
from great ones that I deeply respect.

Greg