[pct-l] Esbit Stoves

In a message dated 2/21/03 1:54:24 PM, chsyhkr@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Are the Esbit tablets allowable in checked baggage? >>

I doubt it very much since cigarette lighters are not . As a passenger I
would hope that no very flammable items are placed in baggage. Just buy your
fuel in the city your plane lands in. A little research will find a source of
whatever fuel you use.  I am betting that any very flammable fuel used is
also banned in priority mail, since airplanes are used
 The vice president of our club had waterproof matches stuffed into a side
pocket of his pack, apparently in a baggie. When the baggage handlers tossed
his pack onto the luggage conveyor belt, the matches rubbed and ignited, and
his pack caught fire. After much consternation and humiliation, he finally
plea bargained a 30,000 fine down to 3000
   Think what might have happend if his pack had been stuffed into the
baggage compartment and turbulance had provided enough friction to ignite the
matches.
    Now about entry into/ from Canada  policy under the Homeland Security Act
-----  don't ask don't tell?