[pct-l] lodging around Campo, snow/water info

Hello all,

This may seem like a silly question, but here goes: My wife and I are
planning to start a 2 week PCT hike March 22 from the Southern end. Is there
any place to stay close to Campo (aside from San Diego)? We'd like to come
in late afternoon or early eve., stash most of our gear, make the dash to
touch the border starting point and back, then start fresh heading north
from Campo in the morning. Any info on current water and snow conditions for
the first 100 mile stretch would be appreciated also.

Thanks for your help,
Chris Krumm (Seattle)