[pct-l] cameras?

Is the holster weather resistant?

-----Original Message-----
From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Brick Robbins
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 11:49 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] cameras?

At 08:28 AM 2/19/03, Brad Wilson wrote:
>I used to hike with a big heavy Nikon but have switched to an Olympus
Stylus
>in the past year. It has a zoom and can take panoramic pictures (on 35
mm
>film).

I second the Olympus Stylus Zoom. Great photos, and lightweight.

I attached a "mini tripod" from REI that stayed on the camera full time.
The mini-pod has a velcro strap that allows me to attach it to sign
posts,
fence posts, saplings and such. I also bought the remote shutter
control, a
little black disk about the size of a quarter, but lighter.

With these two additions I was able to get lots of "self portraits."

I carried the camera in a "holster" so I didn't have to stop and take
off
the pack to use it. I got LOTS more photos that way, and allowed me to
get
some wildlife photos I never would have been able to do otherwise: Like
two
bear photos.

I've had the camera 8 years, and it still works great. I had a spare
battery in my bounce box, but never used it.

--
Brick Robbins

The only way to do it ...... is to do it.
--Merce Cunningham