[pct-l] getting to trailhead?

--
The trail to Horseshoe Meadows would be the easier roadhead to work with in
my opinion.  The road leaves right in Lone Pine.  Hitch hiking up would be an
uncertain venture as most of the traffic goes out of town and up to Whitney
Portal. The road to Horseshoe turns left off of the Whitney Portal Road
several miles out of town.   Still, there is a fair amount of traffic going
up.  The trail out of Horseshoe to Cottonwood Pass is short and
easy...Cottonwood Pass being fairly low.  This puts you within a day of the
JMT at Crabtree Meadows ( in back of Whitney).  The ride to Kennedy is more
difficult, I think.  The road into the meadows is 30 or so miles south of
Lone Pine and is a long road in...another 30 miles.  I could look all the
miles up, but I'm lazy at the moment.  Not as many tourists go up to
Kennedy...mostly fishermen and such.  Several times I've found rides in LP up
to Cottonwood by asking kids around town in the market parking lot and at the
fast food joint.  I also heard there was a shuttle service, but I cannot
confirm this presently.  The hike from Kennedy to Cottonwood Pass is just
under 45 miles... not difficult hiking.  There's a great spot near Trail Pass
where the trail goes right along the crest.  I have camped on the edge and
watched traffic lights 6000 feet down below me.  It's worth it for that
alone.  All in all, if I had a certain ride I'd go from Kennedy, time
allowing.  Otherwise, I'd go to Horseshoe... by the way, I know a relatively
easy cross-country route from Horseshoe to Crabtree that is SPECTACULAR...

No Way

Wi