EMS, was [pct-l] ice axe length

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 12:12  AM, Robin Morath wrote:
> While I agree that retail staff sometimes don't know much about the
> products
> they are selling, I wouldn't generalize that to all EMS stores or
> employees.

This is very true. In fact I got a lot of good advice from several
EMS employees when I was planning for my thru-hike last year.  I think
the key with all retail outfitters is to find the employees that are
participants in the sport you are asking about (hiking/biking/etc).
Good employees will direct you to other employees that have the
expertise you are looking for.