[pct-l] Re: Bears in general, (not canisters):)

--
In a message dated 2/11/2003 1:38:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ECPG@peoplepc.com writes:

> Grizzlies are a whole 'nother
> subject and scare the **** out of me.
> We carry bear spray in grizzly country, not in black bear country.

LOL...   That reminds me.

When we were hiking in Galcier or the Bob Marshall, I forget which, I was
behind as usual, when I came upon my group taking a break and they ask me if
I smelt the bear spray back on the trail.  No I hadn't, but apparently one of
the guys who had his bear spray cannister tape to his hiking pole
inadvertantly pulled the trigger for a second or two and wiped them all out!

Sly