[pct-l] bear canister rental info

--

In 2002 I rented a bear cannister at Tuolumne meadows (Yosemite) general st=
ore. Leave credit card info as deposit so that they can sell you the cannis=
ter if it doesn't come back. If you are south bound I would mail it back fr=
om Kennedy meadows. I just taped the address and  had the post office stick=
 postage on the cannister. (Put a copy of the shipping address inside just =
incase it falls off the outside.)
Satellite
 robert <hikerrob@excite.com> wrote:

has anyone has any experiance renting a bear canister from the forest servi=
ce? im going to be coming southbound and here is what i would like to find =
out
1)wheres the most convinent rental place ?
2)do i need to leave a deposit?
3)can i return it at another(lone pine) ranger station?
thanks rob