[pct-l] sisters ore. hitchiking info

=0D
Sisters, Oregon, is a questionable stop.  It was a hard hitch for me from=
=0D
McKenzie Pass, Highway 242 (mile1984.2).  I had to work the parking lot to=
=0D
get a ride.  Getting back could be difficult too. Consider hitching from=0D
Santiam Pass/Highway 20 (mile 2000) to get to Sisters.  There's more=0D
traffic.=0D
=0D
last year i hitched to sisters from both hyw.242 and hwy.20. if your planni=
ng on resupplying in sisters, my reccomendation would be hwy 20. i got to h=
wy 242 last year around 10:30 and it took me a good couple of hours to get =
a ride to sisters from the trailhead at lava camp lake. it was even longer =
to get back i really thought i was going to get stuck in town for the night=
. the problem is hwy242 is little used and more of a tourist route. it`s to=
ugh to get a ride from a car load of sightseers. it was a lot easyer  hitch=
ing from hwy. 20,as it is a through route and gets a lot of traffic. i got =
a ride to town in a little under an hour,and got a ride back from the first=
 car i thumbed!.plus the supermarket is right on hwy.20.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com