[pct-l] Belden

I enjoyed Belden.  With the exception of the store, the local people were
very friendly.  There was a large party of people celebrating in a reserved
area that kept coming over to us with offers of fresh fruit, donuts, and
some kind of smoked salmon on skewers.  The lady at the post office opened
up after hours so that about ten hikers could get to there re-supply
bundles immediately.  Not to mention the re-supply run to a grocery store
in  Quincy from a local that never said a negative thing about our
collective stench.  As in so many of my experiences on the trail, this stop
reaffirmed my belief in the good of human kind.

The PEDestrian

Paul E. Dietrich
916-204-5255
cactus_paul@earthlink.net