[pct-l] Burning Deserts

>The section of the PCT between Oraflame Canyon Road, and Barrel Springs
>(the Scissors Crossing section) is in the Colorado Desert, as is the
>section passing under Interstate 10 near the Pink Motel
>
>Reference http://www.anzaborrego.statepark.org/aboutthepark.html
>

>--
>Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com

Is the Colorado desert a portion of the Sonoran desert?  What types of
vegetation are found there?  Any Joshua trees?  I have been in Joshua tree
NP and always thought that was part of the Mojave.  Maybe there is no clear
delineation between these two areas.  I guess I'll have to hike southern CA
to find out.  Thanks for the info.