[pct-l] Burning Deserts

--
 No, not the French Foreign Legend kind!! I just think the the desert takes
it's sweet time coming back.
   After hiking the Border to kick-off 20 miles stretch the last three years,
I can tell you that the burned area just north of the border still looks and
burnt and ugly as it did in 2000. If given a choice , I would much rather
hike through canyons full of blooming Chaparral and manzanita laced with
Cleveland's monkey flower than the burnt area that is there now. The only
happy folks may be the border patrol who's job just got somewhat easier! (
Hard to hide in a burnt out desert where now you can easily see everyone beer
bottle thrown or can dropped for the last 50 years!!)
    Hopefully in 15 years , it will be back to norm for my retirement hike!!
Oregon got hit hard last year as well and won't be back to it's old self for
much longer. I wonder how much of the PCT ( In Miles) did get fried last
year??