[pct-l] Flaming PCT Section A

--
 What a waste!! I just saw " As A Bats" pics of the barrel springs and
Pioneer Mail fires. I will miss the views and the smells of the desert in
bloom in this area. Nothing like hiking at 6:30 A.M.  in the cool of the
morning with the desert birds singing. The first hour after light and the
last hour before dark are some of the nicest times in the desert. It is
truely sad to see these areas blackened. I remember Barrel Springs in 2000 as
24 hikers came staggering in over a unseasonably hot early May day. Each time
a hiker would walk in ( Most without water for the last few miles) people
would clap and cheer like they had just did a Marathon!! Last Hiker of the
day to drag in was " Hawkeye" with a big grin holding his nearly empty water
bottle in the air saying, " I saved the last sip for the last ten miles!! It
was the most folks I ever spend the night with in one spot but totally a
great group of fellow hikers.
    Other pics As a bat had were of the Plague ceremony at Lake Morera State
Park with Tom and Greg. . I didn't know Tom and Greg could be so thoughtful!!
( They must have had an off day!) TIC
     Section A will be sorely missed of it's beatty for a few years!!