[pct-l] Re: Temperatures

--

I have only done the Sierras and North around Shasta/Castle Crags, so
I can only talk about temps in that area.  In 98, I remeber being
cold in the northern Area of Yosemite north of Smedburg lake.  In
2001, we had significant ICE all over our tent while camping just
north of Glen Aulin (maybe 20 miles) in a 9000 ft meadow.  This was
the most Ice from dew that I have ever seen in the Sierra; it was
like thick sheets of ice covering everything.  The grass crunched
when you walked on it.  That was pretty dang cold.

heat...  well, I haven't done mojave, but in the Sierras, you wont
have a problem with heat.  If you do, just jump in a
stream/river/lake of snowmelt :-)

peace,
dude