[pct-l] Re: Bear Canister thoughts

--

I met ranger #13 in Inyo-Kern.  We were chatting for a while and two hikers=
 joined us. The conversation turned to bear-cannisters.  Ranger #13 asked t=
he two hikers if they had bear-cans. They said they had them. Ranger #13 tu=
rned to me and said:

"Do you have one?"

I said: "Do I have to incriminate myself?"

Reply: "No, I can see from the size of your pack that you don't have one."

Ranger #13 said he would not give me a ticket but warned me to watch out fo=
r the Yosemite Rangers. He made a good case for using a cannister as a way =
to ensure the survival of bears in the wild in that popular area.

I rented a cannister when I got to Tuolumne and slept much better after tha=
t. I kept the cannister to Sierra City. I then got an Ursack which I tie to=
 a tree.

Satellite.