[pct-l] Re: Bear Canister thoughts

At 10:14 AM 1/24/03, Brett Tucker wrote:
>In the far-flung woods, my license plate normally isn't apparent, nor my VIN
>#. Occasionally I might not even have personal information on me - no
>driver's license or SS card, not even a credit card.

 From my experience:

The ranger will ask for ID.

If you don't have it, the ranger will ask for your name, and address, DOB
and other information, then go on the radio.

The dispatcher will run a nationwide DMV search, and come back with a
physical description and the info that the ranger asked to produce from
your memory.

If you match the physical description, and you knew you DOB "other
information," the ranger will write a ticket to the person you are claiming
to be.

If not, the ranger will be VERY, VERY pissed off.

What he does at that point in time probably depends on his mood at the
time, and any other things he has going on. If you try to run away, I can
only guess what he might do. Personally I would rather not find out about
things like pepper spray, plastic handcuffs, radio notification of rangers
further down the trail, helicopter landing areas (and fines that include
helo transport), egress trailhead monitoring and other such things.

--
Brick Robbins
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum