[pct-l] Bear Canister info - Inyo NF website link to bear canister regs

--
I dunno...  when I did the JMT in september, we passed two rangers
between Yosemite Valley and Toulumne Meadows.  It was certainly clear

We saw another ranger near Bishop Pass.  He was more inquisitive
about the whole food storage thing, but still didnt say anything too
harsh or give us a ticket.

Laws are funny... and the enforcers can enforce whatever and however
they want in an arbitrary and inconsistent manner.  How many times
have you j-walked??? ....how many times have you done it right in
front of a cop???  ...ever gotten a ticket for it?

Bottom line is, "ultra-lighters" will do whatever they do, and
cannister proponents will do whatever they want, and that's the way
it should be.  Posts about the factual letter of the law are helpful
and help people to make the choice that is right for them, but
opinions seem to be as helpful as hitting your head against a wall
and dont change anyone's mind anyway.

peace!
dude