[pct-l] More than Miles

With just a simple request, the list is swept by a
surge of positivity and power.

Thank you all so much for your responses.  For the
first time in several weeks, I enjoyed the list.  For
the first time in months, it lifted me up.  Thanks.

Among the posts directed at me and positivity, I love
the "My Accomplishments" thread.  It may sound
bragging to some, but for me it humbles me to know I
am connected to such powerful, beautiful,
big-dreaming, accomplishers to you.  I'll bet very few
of you are suscribed to "The best armchairs" list or
"Saturday Morning Television" lists.  Do you get my
point?

Thanks for the positivity.

I need to continue the thought on mileage, since some
have pushed the discussion, I also do big miles
because my ancestors did.  Somewhere, as a backpacking
culture, some of us have come to agree on how far we
should hike in one day.  If you jump back several
generations (not too long ago), our native americans
were known to hike and run hundreds of miles non-stop
(source- Tracker Tom Brown).  And if you think of us
as a species, the size of our legs and our speed as
creatures...30, 40, and 50 mile days are not that
crazy.

Finally, one more point on high miles.  Whether it's
15 or 50, most of us know what our limit are.  A few
of us don't.

One last thing...Keep up the stories!

Peace, Love, and rockin on,
-Amigo