[pct-l] Poorly educated snowpack guesses ( was Re: El Nino Gossip)

>> ...And please don't do this again.

While it was certainly entertaining, some folks may have actually
taken you seriously. As I recall, and I may be wrong, your 'guesses'
were for late May/early June for departure from Kennedy Meadows. <<

Sorry Scott, I didn't find Greg's remarks off the mark. All estimates of the
expect Sierra snowpack at this time of the year are guesses. Not even Ray,
who is no more knowledgeable on the subject than many members of this list,
has all the answer's. His dates are based on the probably of snow melt in an
average year.

Certainly the folk's who ventured in to the Sierra's in El Nino of '98
didn't find it easy going. Even well after the June 15th date. In 2000 the
Sierra was easily passable over a week earlier.

Greg wasn't after "some self gratification", he's just trying to help us
make sense out of nonsensical snow statistics.

-Fallingwater