[pct-l] GPS

Any cell phone service near the PCT?

Yep, though probably spotty.  My AT&T phone has got service in parts of
section A and I've had service on Fuller Ridge on San Jacinto.  Service in
the San Gabriels will be spotty, although if you are in eye sight and range
of Mt. Wilson you should have service.  No service in the Sierras with a very
few exceptions around large towns like Mammoth and Sth Lake Tahoe.  Further
north, I'm not sure of and not familiar with.

Your service on your provider will vary, mostly negatively.  I have often
found that my AT&T service is available in areas that other providers are not
in Sth California.

Strider