[pct-l] Re: maps? huge books? vital?

--

>Does anyone have any experience with Yaktrax instead of cramp-ons?
>
>http://www.yaktrax.com
>
>Radar
>AT-2002: www.trailjournals.com/gwright
>PCT-2004: ?

I just hiked up to San Jacinto (above Idyllwild, CA) over the
Thanksgiving weekend. Pretty well-established trail, but plenty of ice
and snow. YakTrax provided enough traction to feel sure-footed. I'm not
sure how well they'd perform on a steep traverse. I like them because
other than improved traction, you're not even aware you have them on.

Molasses
PCT micro-section hiker