[pct-l] Re: miles on AT vs PCT

Actually, I did more miles per day on the Appalachian
Trail than I averaged on the PCT. I only had a couple
plus 30 mile days on the PCT, on the AT there were
many more.

The reason for big miles were:
There are no naviagtional problems because of all the
white blazes. Then, I carried much lighter loads due
to plenty of water and easy town access for food
resupply. And being solo, set my own agenda. Part of
the time the big miles on the AT were to stave off
boredom....gasp, is that bad to admit?

Brawny

=====
http://www.trailquest.net/ultralight.html