[pct-l] (no subject)

--
Hi Katy!

A mid-to-late April start from the Mexican border should get you to the high
Sierras about mid-June.  In normal snow years you won't want to get to
Kennedy Meadow, the start of the high country, earlier than that.  But check
the list later for this year's snow conditions.

I suggest you start from the border in late April and be sure to attend the
ADZPCTKOP at Lake Morena on April 26-27.  The kickoff party is a lot of fun,
and you can get a lot of information there about trail conditions and water
availability on the southern part of the trail.

All this depends on your hiking pace, of course.  If you can do 15 mpd on the
AT, then you should be able to cover 18-20 mpd on the PCT.