[pct-l] Stoves

If I had to guess, I'd say about 60%-70% of the people
on the PCT used alcohol stoves. A fair amount used
esbit tabs with a sprinkling of canister stoves. Did
not see many white gas stoves.

I did hike and camp solo a fair amount, so I may not
be the best person to gauge stoves used. :-)

For what it is worth, had no trouble getting alcohol
for my stove. I typically used an empty film canister
to measure the alcohol I used. The meals consisted of
such staples as Lipton's rice, cous cous, mashed,
Stove top, etc.

Have been using a home made alcohol stove for over
three years now. Not only have I used it on the PCT
thru, but also in Colorado as high as 13000 feet and
in October. Seems to work well for me.

Mags

=====