[pct-l] Tyvek as ground cloth

--

     I don't know weather this info will save someone a little time and mon=
ey but I will post it anyway.

     When I bought My tent I also bought a ground cloth with it which weigh=
s 9+ ounces. I thought I might be able to save 3 or 4 oz's if I made one us=
ing Tyvek. To make a long story short that's exactly what I did and it turn=
ed out pretty darned good.The only problem was, when I finished the TyeK cl=
oth it weighed 13+ oz's.
      Conclusion: Tvek may work well if used as a ground cloth inside a tar=
p where it is not nessary to tie it down, but as a tent footprint it turned=
 out to be a total waste of time and money.

       Neil