[pct-l] Bounce Boxes

--- Marshall Karon <m.karon@attbi.com> wrote:
> I just need to know: why do people use bounce boxes?
> I know lots of people
> who used bounce boxes, but I have yet to have any
> need for them.

Not everyone has a support crew at home willing to
ship out re-supply boxes. Myself included.

A bounce box allows a hiker to re-supply with items
that are not needed/can't easily be attained in every
town stop. I would hate to have to find slide film,
pre-paid film mailers in towns and having to carry two
guide books!

> point in between. Of course, I had someone mailing
> me packages.

Exactly. Again, some hikers do not have a "quarter
master" at home doing re-supply. Bounce boxes are away
to allow a hiker without the support crew to remedy
this situation.

Mags

=====